DT125 project

This post is 5450 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey mateys, been offered a "DT125" - dunno anything about it, except that it's in pieces and its had the frame repainted as it was a field bike... it'll be a mid 80s bike i would think

It's a mate's dad who's got it, this guy does do good work, it'll be as described..

I'm going to see it in a few days and i'll make an assesment on how far gone it is then, but i know nothing about 2 strokes, never worked on one.. in fact it'll be the first bike i've worked on other than servicing the honduh - done plenty on cars though.

Just wanted to get the thoughts of yam experts.. are they difficult to work on, DT125s? anything i need to look out for? it'll be SUPER CHEAP like a budgie on a red bull binge.. but it might be a better idea to get something complete or nearly so being that i'm new.. there's a couple of mid 80s 125 LC's i'm looking at in need of some work but also below the £500 mark..

The DT125 isnt really what i wanted, i wanted something trial bike/enduro shape but 4 stroke (like a DT50MX with a conversion), can't afford a wr125, don't have the tools for an engine conversion.. and the more i look into it (derestricting when i go for my A licence etc) the more it seems like the sensible bike for me.. and i can afford this bits of bike.. just not sure if it's going to be too much work, or need too much spending on it once it is all together...

discuss.. lol.. just need a bit of advice on it really, i really fancy the project but don't really want to get into the nightmare of it being a moneypit and still never running

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.