advice/ opinion on mx400 paint/ color scheme

dogodell
This post is 5435 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

Currently in the middle of a complete (well sort of anyway) tear down and rebuild of a 75 mx400… motor is set to go once I get the rest of the parts in the mail and I figured while I was waiting I would do a little repaint (previous owners thought rattle can camo was a good color for a classic bike)… :angry:

I have seen the examples of the restored white mx400 floating around online however I have also heard rumors that these bikes also came in the “competition yellow???? The original color of my tank (sanded down bottom to figure it out) and plastics appears to be yellow too??? (yes I’ve checked the vin its not a 76 yz) though for all I know the tank and plastics could be from a different bike but for what its worth they do look correct...

So any ideas/ opinions on whether to stick with the known white or is yellow also a “correct” color to repaint

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online