Thnking...

N_Tart
This post is 7216 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

about retiring from road riding. A very good friend of mine was killed at the weekend and I'm wondering if it's worth it anymore. He wasn't even doing anything wrong. Was doing the speed limit 30 mph when a car driver pulled out.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think that really it's whether you would feel ok to ride. Everyone knows the risks of motorcycling because we are so exposed, and it's up to you whether you want to take that risk.

Sorry to hear about your friend

I've had a few friends lose their lives to the sport & have contemplated that before also........but NOT for long! :wink:

I am sorry for your loss N_Tart......it's Never pleasant losing people close to you :cry: .....

But, I take it as a personal challenge to avenge my fallen commrades.......& RIDE till I've got 1 foot in the grave 8)

Just can't let those Bloody Tin-Box Jockies :roll: think that they've got away with something :evil:

I've just had to drop off a new bike to a customer. Funny really 'coz now I've actually ridden again I don't feel like giving up anymore!

'coz now I've actually ridden again I don't feel like giving up anymore!

Now that's what we want to hear! 8)

Gotta get back on that horse, ya know :wink:

Sorry to hear about your freind like the others asy may he R.I.P

But as for you going on the road again, it really depends how you feel. If it does make feel you feel better, take yourself off the roads for a while, and maybe after some time you'll venture on them again.

Time's a healer, but not allways!

sorry to hear that N_ my heart goes out to you and his family an friends. r.i.p :( stick with biking, bad things happen whatever we do

Sorry to hear about ya friend......as all others say May they R.I.P

We have a saying where we work when someone buys a new bike that none of us can afford to buy flowers so ride properly......Shame a friend of mine didnt understand what it meant when he went from his DT125 to a GSXR750.......We miss ya mate and things like this just remind us all that we need to look out for US first and other road users second.

• Admin

Sorry to hear about your mate. However you have to take life as it comes, you could get run over tomorrow and get paralysed, you could find out youve got cancer you never know whats going to hit you so to speak

sorry to hear about your friend Tart, dont give up on the riding take heed what Scott says, wise words 8) oh besides get up here and be a good girl and put the kettle on :lol: