New Old 82 400 Maxim

spltshft
This post is 5433 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello there I am new to both the site and motorcycles in general. I recently was given a 1982 Yamaha 400 Maxim, and need some help to track down some much needed parts. The bike was a parts bike but I have decided it isn't far from being road worthy. I am trying to track down all the handle bar controls minus the brake and clutch levers. I am also looking for a set of carburetors. Does anyone know what bikes are interchangeable with mine and what are good online sources for parts.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the forum

you don't say in your profile where you are from!!

USA speedsport ( yamahatopdog), bike barn, partsnmore, motogrid

europe cmnsl, granby's, motoward, fowlers

and of course ebay

drewps

Hello there I am new to both the site and motorcycles in general. I recently was given a 1982 Yamaha 400 Maxim, and need some help to track down some much needed parts. The bike was a parts bike but I have decided it isn't far from being road worthy. I am trying to track down all the handle bar controls minus the brake and clutch levers. I am also looking for a set of carburetors. Does anyone know what bikes are interchangeable with mine and what are good online sources for parts.

Hey! I just signed on today. I have a Maxim 400 and can't seem to find any information on the bike, so was glad to see your post. Maybe we can collaborate on getting these great bikes up and on the road.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online