mk1 dt125lc full throttle problems

lizzie40f
This post is 4859 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a 1985 mk1 dt125lc and i cannot get full throttle when you ride it and open the throttle past half it bogs down then revs then bogs then revs so you are kangarooing down the road,i have checked the carb replaced all the jets etc set the floats but it makes no difference.I am now thinking it may be the coil breaking down or the cdi or something else electrical anyone got any ideas that might pin point the problem

• 1 year later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there,

I have a SR250 with the same problem. The bike is driving perfectly, but only by full throttle, he blogs and hold in and I cannot find the problem.

I only know that a friend of my told me that when the bike stood still for a couple of years the you have to replace the jet because he can be oxidated.

I haven't try this jet, because i have to clean my carb first, my air filter is gone, and he's probably in my carb... :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online