V Star 1300 pic

Stu_B
This post is 5112 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

That's looking very nice...

I like your chrome fender tips are they OEM/highway hawk etc? Also like your chrome numberplate surround - is that a standard size numberplate? I was thinking of moving my no plate to the side...

I'll post an update on my bike once I finish putting it back together - part way through installing the RSTD bars, just got the clutch grip to glue on.

Fender tip is the Yammie one - they do a 'double rail' one as well, but I thought that looked a bit overstated.

The number plate is absolutely standard size and totally legal...in the US of A ;) It was the first thing I changed as I hated the way the plate as fitted by the dealer looked. Apparently, the UK has the honour of having the largest motorcycle number plate in the world!

I did think about whether or not to do it, but based on the number of bikes on the road with small plates (quite a lot even smaller than this one) and conversation with a couple of m/c cops (one of whom admitted he had an illegal plate on his own bike!) who 'suggested' that as long as it was clear and readable, nobody should bother...unless they got out of bed on the wrong side. Seemed to suggest they were more concerned about odd spacing and fancy lettering as this confuses the ANR system.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Finally installed RSTD bars, ISO grips, Yamaha OEM saddlebags + crash guards

Rightview3.jpg

Rightview.jpg

Leftview1.jpg

Looking good, the crash guards on the panniers are a nice touch.

Hope the bars went on OK. I added the Kury Throttle boss on to mine on a recommendation. They're not dear, and I actually quite like them. Gives you a nice sense of throttle position which IMO makes it easier to be smooth when squeezing in the power (like when you're going round a roundabout). And you can relax your hand and hold the throttle constant by resting your hand on it.

Trouble with posting all these pics, is it keeps the 'wish list' from getting smaller...just added the radiator trim to mine :rolleyes:

Not in any particular order..

Drivings lights

Lightbar

Additional rear running and brake lights

HID headlamp conversion

Horn

Tacho

Progressive springs

Chrome radiator trim

Change tank emblem

Driver's backrest?

Luggage rack

Ah well...

Thanks! Yamaha just put the price for the bag crash bars up from around £179 to £299 one week after I bought them! Have to admit I wouldn't have paid £300 for them (even with the 10% off my dealer gives me)

I could add pretty much all of your wish list to mine but the other half has banned me from anymore mods until she gets a holiday - trying to persuade her a trip to Europe on the bike is a good idea...

I could add pretty much all of your wish list to mine but the other half has banned me from anymore mods until she gets a holiday - trying to persuade her a trip to Europe on the bike is a good idea...

And of course, you'll need to apply a few mods in order to be thoroughly prepared for such an undertaking ;)

Alchemy Bikes' XVS1300 y'all. If you've got any questions, fire 'em off....

AlleyPalleyShow2010003.jpg

AlleyPalleyShow2010007.jpg

XVS1300_12.jpg

XVS1300_5.jpg

XVS1300_7.jpg

XVS1300_7.jpg

Roy.

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online