XS 400 Caféracer

RenaatXS
This post is 5443 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I've recently bought 2 1979 Yamaha XS400 Specials. The yellow one still has the original documents for legal road use, the black one is "paperless"...

I also got two XS 250 engines free for spare parts.

2d6mtjd.jpg

24or7rp.jpg

ksz0p.jpg

Now, my dad has got 4 old Ducati 350 Desmo's, and 3 of them are modified to caféracer.

This is my dad's favourite one (Extremely comfortable steering, but lazy engine):

2z3ypz9.jpg

And this is a Honda CB450 Caféracer that inspires me aswell:

honda_cb450_1969_cr_01.jpg

I want to change one of my XS's into a Caféracer like the Ducati of the Honda, but I don't know where to start :)

I will change the original steer to lower clip-ons, I would like to saw of the rear end of the frame (right after the suspension mounts), I want to place a single seat with a polyester "butt", I'm going to throw of those ugly orange direction lights, I'll lower the front and rear suspension so the bike will look sporty, I'll change and lower the headlight, I'll try to hide the counters, I'll place a small taillight, I want two mufflers with a nice bass sound, and that's about all I can think of. B)

Do you have other suggestions or modifyings to make a nice Caféracer of this bike? I want to make it as light as possible, without much details. Just like the Ducati...

Thanks in advance,

Renaat (Belgium)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online