Charging issues

Paul_R
This post is 5354 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

right found the rectifier and will test it tomorrow. So wheres the generator? How do i get to it?

I've tested the electrical system at the battery and with the revs at 3k rpm i get 13.5 volts - so something is nackered!! is it more likely to be the rectifier or generator?

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi,

right found the rectifier and will test it tomorrow. So wheres the generator? How do i get to it?

I've tested the electrical system at the battery and with the revs at 3k rpm i get 13.5 volts - so something is nackered!! is it more likely to be the rectifier or generator?

Cheers,

Paul.

that's not too bad 13.5 volts, it is charging. what is the problem exactly? maybe need a new battery if its not holding a charge!

The generator is under the LH engine side cover but you will need a proper flywheel puller to get the rotor off.You can check the coil resistances by just disconnecting the multi plug from the generator without removing the flywheel.Tony.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online