Insurance Claim

kame1986
This post is 5297 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys.

Hopefully this topic will somewhat be interesting. Usually crap at starting threads but this one might start something!

HAD a yammy thundercat but sadly came off at roundabout under a week ago and wrote the bike off :( Stupid petrol or something!!!

Anywayz...

My bike has been valued at £1400 which is not as good as i hoped but thats something ill worry about later.

Problem i face is my bike value with the insurance is only £1000 and there not willing to pay out more than that.

My argument with them at the moment is this. I was told it doesnt matter what i value my own bike at because the premium i pay wont change unless the bike is above £12,999 and ill get what the market value is for my bike.

I would imagine just for the sake off it i told them that my bike is at a guess worth £1000. The insurance are now being gay and capping my insurance at that price of which if i new they didnt cap it i would tell them my thundercat was worth £4000 or more just for the sake of it!

Any ideas ? ? ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

any insurance company is gonna try and lowball you on the first offer. if they didnt they would not be able to give out those million dollar executive bonuses.

there so gay i swear!

i just dont see what there playing at. If my premium doesnt change on whether i insure my bike for £12,000 or £1000, why not just give me my damn market value!

they will offer you an amount that they can replace a similer bike to yours,unless like me you have an agreed value,iff you ask them they will forward the results for bikes they have seen to replace yours. like anyone else your valuing your bike on what its worth to you,that value differs to them .

the surveyor dude who looked my bike said it was worth £1400.

BUt insurance are only willing to pay me £1000 cos thats what i said to them. Thing is as i said before its a flaw in the policy because it doesnt matter whether i said £1000 or £12,000 the premium does not change so asking me what i think the bike is worth is pointless cos they go with the market value unless you under-price ur bike like i did! Makes no sense. If i do not get the market value of £1400 they can expect a complaint letter!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online