De- restricting DT's

Cynic
This post is 5443 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wondering here, with the amount of people who come on with the same question, "IE I have a DT 125 and want to make it go faster."

Considering the frequency of the question would it not be worthwhile to have a sticky in the off road section that gives the folks some RELIABLE info, maybe a few web sites like DT.com or whatever its called. I'm not wanting to turn members away but those sites have dedicated blogs with instructions on "how to destroy your engine in the most expensive ways imaginable" i mean garage tuning.

Some real advice for people. I would have thought its a pretty pro forma method to tune up a healthy DT, you know, standard methods for removing the restrictions to get the full performance. And any DT's that aren't healthy? There is the main forum to help them out.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hasnt this been done before? Il have a little dig through your archives :D

Hasnt this been done before? Il have a little dig through your archives :D

ok Ryan, if you find it i'll make it sticky...BUT make sure its accurate and complete plz, if it isnt, then like I said raise a new one and add any links etc that will be useful. ;)

Just wondering here, with the amount of people who come on with the same question, "IE I have a DT 125 and want to make it go faster."

Considering the frequency of the question would it not be worthwhile to have a sticky in the off road section that gives the folks some RELIABLE info, maybe a few web sites like DT.com or whatever its called. I'm not wanting to turn members away but those sites have dedicated blogs with instructions on "how to destroy your engine in the most expensive ways imaginable" i mean garage tuning.

Some real advice for people. I would have thought its a pretty pro forma method to tune up a healthy DT, you know, standard methods for removing the restrictions to get the full performance. And any DT's that aren't healthy? There is the main forum to help them out.

Hi Cynic,

dont forget that Rd owners could do the same mods and end up with the same problems !!!! stickey bits ... seem to go over my head ! :lol:

Regards Jim

Hi Cynic,

dont forget that Rd owners could do the same mods and end up with the same problems !!!! stickey bits ... seem to go over my head ! :lol:

Regards Jim

Not forgotten jim, its just DT owners seem to ask more than the TZR/RD owners. I assume the Dt folks have gone out on there pride and joy and been walloped by a good headwind (50mph anybody) where the road rockets get away with a lot more. If you have anything to add jim?

Not forgotten jim, its just DT owners seem to ask more than the TZR/RD owners. I assume the Dt folks have gone out on there pride and joy and been walloped by a good headwind (50mph anybody) where the road rockets get away with a lot more. If you have anything to add jim?

Yep I have,

the DT did not go as well as their road brothers (the lower gearing caused the problem I guess) so when you have an RD/TZ owner doing the same mods and after the initial acceleration do with the DT became insignificant on the road ... RD/TZ was well gone but go off road the tables are turned !!! perhaps some DT owners should have bought an RD in order to go fast on the road where in real terms green lanes are more their forte

Regards Jim

Yep I have,

the DT did not go as well as their road brothers (the lower gearing caused the problem I guess) so when you have an RD/TZ owner doing the same mods and after the initial acceleration do with the DT became insignificant on the road ... RD/TZ was well gone but go off road the tables are turned !!! perhaps some DT owners should have bought an RD in order to go fast on the road where in real terms green lanes are more their forte

Regards Jim

My favorite Quote to the RD brigade speaking as a DT pilot was simple.

'You want a race fine but make it a proper one, decent money down, you pick the way there, I pick the way home'.

Funnily enough i never had any takers.

My favorite Quote to the RD brigade speaking as a DT pilot was simple.

'You want a race fine but make it a proper one, decent money down, you pick the way there, I pick the way home'.

Funnily enough i never had any takers.

Fair Play !!

RD on the out run DT on the home which seems to sort my previous comment ... modern DT riders like the bike but expect it to go as well as the road bikes when on the road but by the same token the 76 DT175 I had was great fun on the road but somewhat slower then the RD 200 ... it depends on what you want

Regards Jim

RD v DT ,oh please ? theirs no contest.rolleyes.gif

Who said it would be on tarmac.... :icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online