SR 125 Noise

root
This post is 5444 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi im hoping someone can put me in the picture about a used SR 125 that I have just bought? Well the thing is its a few years 23 since I owned a bike

& that was a two stroke so I am a bit rusty but the bike isn't & has only done 11 thou & starts/runs well cruising at 60 but ive got it in my head

that its a bit noisy in the bottom end RATATATAT & when I use a long screwdriver to listen with on the top of crankcase it sounds like knocking to me

& im a bit isolated where i live so have nothing similar to compare it with so im hoping 1 of you guys could help cheers Root

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi im hoping someone can put me in the picture about a used SR 125 that I have just bought? Well the thing is its a few years 23 since I owned a bike

& that was a two stroke so I am a bit rusty but the bike isn't & has only done 11 thou & starts/runs well cruising at 60 but ive got it in my head

that its a bit noisy in the bottom end RATATATAT & when I use a long screwdriver to listen with on the top of crankcase it sounds like knocking to me

& im a bit isolated where i live so have nothing similar to compare it with so im hoping 1 of you guys could help cheers Root

if you've just bought the bike, get a manual and service everything (should do that anyway) check timing, cam chain tension and valves.

that way you get to know the bike in your own time and not at the side of the road (especially in the middle of nowhere) and you have a bike you can trust.

good luck

drewps

if you've just bought the bike, get a manual and service everything (should do that anyway) check timing, cam chain tension and valves.

that way you get to know the bike in your own time and not at the side of the road (especially in the middle of nowhere) and you have a bike you can trust.

good luck

drewps

Thanks for the heads up but shoul'd I have said that I have already done tappets timing chain tensioner air filter changed oil also drive chain and sprockets ! the rapping sounds bottom end & wondered if it was normal for this bike to be a bit noisy in that dept ? Its 1996 model but the mileage is only 11 K thanks again any more info would be welcome Root

what was the oil like when you changed it. this will give you an indication of wear. ie did the last owner change the stuff

Hi The oil was pretty clean with no crap in it but it had been overfilled slightly so couln't see the level through the viewer so put the right amount of new oil in , I Checked oil delivery bolt afterwards & circulation ok

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online