yamaha xt125r

pulzelli
This post is 5233 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all ,i have already posed this question but had no responce , how do you reset the oil service indicator on an XT125R and a XT125X [both electronic speedometers are the same]what happens is after 3500 miles an indication comes on the electronic speedo/rev counter etc unit [it flashes SERVICE OIL CHECK] after you have changed the oil there is a procedurs to reset the unit to start the count down to the next oil inspection , there is a prompt button to change the display and you use this to reset the unit , anyone who does there own service on this type of machine would know how to do this [ skint and need to do my own servicing!!!!!!!!]. thanks :(

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

turn off the ignition, hold the blue button, turn ignition on, keep the button held for a few seconds and it should reset.

I do recommend getting a proper service done if this is the first time it's come on.

• 3 weeks later...
:) hi emdottee , thanks for responding i was begining to think that nobody new how to do this ! thanks for the information , the reason i wanted to know is because i had to have the electronic combination speedo changed under waranty and this was after the first service so the unit is on count down for first service again , i think when it comes up i will not reset it and just have it reset after its next main service in may 2010 , thanks again for your help . :)