Yamaha Parts !!!! What the **** is happening ??

johnebo
This post is 5449 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently dropped my new YZFR 125 motorbike.

Insurance company happy to resolve, BUT for the last 2months, have been waiting for parts from Yamaha !

Just coupling and Fairing ! Two months and still waiting for parts...?

Is this normal ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It sounds like someone's maybe messing you about. Have ordered a fair few OEM Yamaha bits lately (for a 1989 XJ600, so not a recent model like yours)and haven't waited more than 4 days. I get mine through M and S in Newcastle. Can you try another dealer or is the insurance company insisting where you get the parts?

P

I had some damaged fairings on my YZF from someone knocking over my bike i told the insurance company that the dealership i bought it from would do the repairs took about 3 days for all the parts to come in. My previous bike that got hit i let the insurance company take it away to there "repair center" it was gone for about 4months lucky the other guys fault and he had to pay it costs his insurance thousands in hire bike fees etc!

1 warning though i claimed off my insurance for my YZF being knocked over (the car reversed into my bike and sped off and police did sod all even with me getting the plate) and i'm 25 riding for 3yrs and my insurance requote was £644 i lost all my no claims to so work out how much the repairs will cost u to do yourself it'll really bump ur insurance up!

They can be a little eratic at times with parts, I've a mate who's been waiting 7 weeks for a wiring loom.

Last year I waited over two months for Fork Oil Seals for the TTR - had to come from Japan in the end!

If it's a part that is used on a few bikes then normally you are OK, but for some reason when it's a unique part they can take a lifetime!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online