1973 Yamaha Gas Cap Gasket

FreeWay
This post is 5374 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is my first forum posting. Just bought a 1973 DT3. The gas cap gasket is really bad. They don't seen to be available from Yamaha. Anyone have a source for these or is there another fix?

Hello one idea to replace your 'gas cap gasket' that I would try would be to try a vintage vehicle component supplier,

take measurements of the gasket, you will need the inner / outer diameter & gasket thickness,

if no joy there,with the measurements, you can go to the web and search for standard gasket sizes,

There exists industry standard sizes that will allow a gasket supplier to provide the required gasket in the correct size, in 'O' ring type gaskets I think they are called 568 dash codes.

you will have to select a material that will be impervious to unleaded fuels.

Most likely you will need a gasket made from Fluoroelastomer or Nitrile butadiene or if you feel rich Perfluoroelastomers, alternatively you could get a sheet of the correct elastomer at the correct thickness and cut out the required shape,

Hope this helps :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online