mot

mussellenick
This post is 5447 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys gals my bike XJ 600N is due mot next month now iv loked around it and every thing looks good exept on top of the forks the rubber bits are cracked are they the seals and if so is this an MOT fail?

No they are dust seals, the main fork seals are below them, if they have perished then the fork seals wont be far behind but if there is no oil on the fork leg, and they oppperate properly it should not be an issue for the mot.

No they are dust seals, the main fork seals are below them, if they have perished then the fork seals wont be far behind but if there is no oil on the fork leg, and they oppperate properly it should not be an issue for the mot.

My divvy has been like that for years and get through the MOT no trouble, what I've done is smear silicone around the top of the dust seals to halt the cracking.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online