YZF750 Engine question

EwOkIE
This post is 5454 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right, where to begin I previously had a post on here regarding the work done to my bike and it being in the garage for several weeks...

To cut a long story short, to get to the shims on this bike, how do you do it?

Do you need to take off the exhaust headers just below the carbs,?

Cause I cant see any marks on bolts at the exhaust headers if they took them off

As the garage said they replaced gaskets etc, and did the shims cause of low compression or something

Now I am getting an oil leak at,..I think 2 of the gaskets as you look in the left side of the bike the 2 gaskets you see through the hole in the fairing.

They gave me a receipt just saying the stripped down engine and how much oil they used.

So if this gasket or 2 of them are totaly fu**ed! am I covered to get this replaced free (warranty etc)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

update.. forgot to mention I still get blue smoke at exhaust when fully opened, is this because of its age?

28K on clock

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The shims on a YZF are located under the camshafts, which means you have to remove the air box,poss carbs & cam cover maybe the radiator to get even more roon to see.The exhaust does not have to be removed,you should`t need to have too much oil either as you only loose about 50cc of oil when cam cover removed.If they have just done some work on the bike & now it leaks oil you will need to go back and ask them to rectify the leak.

When you accelerate hard it may be smoking as it is running a little rich. This maybe that there is some wear in the emulsion tubes in the carbs. The carbs are effectively laying on their side & when the slides move up & down the needles may wear the emulsion tubes (Oval) & let in extra fuel. Hope this helps a little,feel free to ask more questions,will help if I can

When you accelerate hard it may be smoking as it is running a little rich. This maybe that there is some wear in the emulsion tubes in the carbs. The carbs are effectively laying on their side & when the slides move up & down the needles may wear the emulsion tubes (Oval) & let in extra fuel. Hope this helps a little,feel free to ask more questions,will help if I can

But rich running would give black smoke not blue (and rough running), burnt oil gives blue, either from piston / bore wear or valve seals wear.

Thanks for info, emulsion tubes where replaced got them from fatory pro and adjusted with there settings.

Have semi synthetic oil in the engine as most ppl recommend with this bike.

Bikes in garage this monday, just wait and see what happens.

When I start bike up cold/warm with a bit of throttle I

get a burst of blue smoke if no throttle then no smoke for some reason.

Recently I topped the oil up to just under top line. When running my oil light came on, I have oil so whats

causing that, bad connection on a cable???

Also noticed that when pulling away from cold start or during a journey I hear like a jilting noise, something like when

you know its like 2 pieces of metal are seized together then loosen, kinda hard to explain, but bike runs well apart from rear brake squealing when brake applied.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online