73 CT1 Kick Start Problem

MAG
This post is 5473 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My 73 CT1 kick start gear will not engage it's mating gear located behind the clutch pack. The mating gear wobbles all over the place and I have not removed the clutch to see how this gear is supposed to be fastened to it's shaft. Does anyone know what the problem is ? Easy fix ? What in the way of parts are needed ? Can you recommend where to buy the needed parts ? Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum and your kickstart problem may be the self same issue that someone has recently had in the classic section.

Ct1's seem to take a fancy to eating the layshaft. It shears at the bearing behind the kickstart idler. If i'm right (you will have to take the clutch basket off to be certain), it will look like the idler is on a little stub shaft. When the shaft actually runs right across the box and has the final drive sprocket on the other end.

If i'm right its a gearbox strip i'm afraid. The CT1's are the only 125/75 with that shaft EVERYTHING following has a different shaft with some minor detail changes, so it may be possible to fit a later shaft. Looks like it could be something worth checking out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online