FJ1200

peterb
This post is 5368 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if private get it serviced, dealer should do it as a matter of course ( well I would have got them to)

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to know what accessories work well with my 1990 Yamaha FJ1200. (pipes,bags,filters,performance items etc.)

Hi Peter,

Best thing to do is check the rear shocker over, they have real problems , Check the monting poins on the swingarm, clean , grease, check out the rust , treat , Normally the best bet is to replace the rear shocker wit a heavy duty model .

Probably won't be appreciated me saying this on here, but join the FJ owners club, it will be a greatsource of information and help.

Hi Peter,

Best thing to do is check the rear shocker over, they have real problems , Check the monting poins on the swingarm, clean , grease, check out the rust , treat , Normally the best bet is to replace the rear shocker wit a heavy duty model .

Probably won't be appreciated me saying this on here, but join the FJ owners club, it will be a greatsource of information and help.

What he said. Spot on.

Change oil & filter often (every 3,000) and it will go forever.

Adam.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online