1999 DT175 Restriction Devices

Nick JD
This post is 5458 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I've got a 1999 DT175 (Australian model) that's got 3500km on the odometer. I'm the second owner, and the first to road register the bike.

My problem is it won't rev over 5500rpm. I've hear talk about restriction of this model, but cant see any restrictor in the exhaust manifold. Could there be something in the carb side? Electronic restriction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Was there ever a workshop manual written for this bike? I can't find anything online.

Cheers,

Nick.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bump. Anyone have any ideas?

TBH mate there will be very few people on here even know the DT175 continued on. The greater part of the active members i'm aware of are from the US and UK. They were dropped for the Liquid cooled mono shocked replacement here and the states in around 1984.

Aus, vietnam, india etc carried on with the 175, don't suppose you want to be batting through your temperatures miles from sod all paranoid its going to boil up.

Anyway, for the cycle parts the newest i can get is a 92 manual at

http://store.payloadz.com/str-asp-i.131893-n.Yamaha_DT175D_Workshop_Service_Repair_Manual_1992_DT_175_D_eBooks_-end-detail.html

Best i can do at the moment, i've seen some pictures etc and the engine looks like it hasn't changed in a decade so apart from minor technical differences it may well do, these bikes seem to evolve more than change in big steps.

Sorry i can't do more. I know the resident bloodhound who'd normally sniff's out this kind of thing is away at the moment so you may get lucky in a couple of days.

As far as the engine problem, i'd be looking at the carb. Get it cleaned out and check the float height, 3500k's in a decade is not enough to keep the carb clean. Other than that it could be an ignition item but these dt's are pretty good and its normally dodgy or no maintanance that causes them pain.

TBH mate there will be very few people on here even know the DT175 continued on. The greater part of the active members i'm aware of are from the US and UK. They were dropped for the Liquid cooled mono shocked replacement here and the states in around 1984.

Aus, vietnam, india etc carried on with the 175, don't suppose you want to be batting through your temperatures miles from sod all paranoid its going to boil up.

Anyway, for the cycle parts the newest i can get is a 92 manual at

http://store.payloadz.com/str-asp-i.131893-n.Yamaha_DT175D_Workshop_Service_Repair_Manual_1992_DT_175_D_eBooks_-end-detail.html

Best i can do at the moment, i've seen some pictures etc and the engine looks like it hasn't changed in a decade so apart from minor technical differences it may well do, these bikes seem to evolve more than change in big steps.

Sorry i can't do more. I know the resident bloodhound who'd normally sniff's out this kind of thing is away at the moment so you may get lucky in a couple of days.

As far as the engine problem, i'd be looking at the carb. Get it cleaned out and check the float height, 3500k's in a decade is not enough to keep the carb clean. Other than that it could be an ignition item but these dt's are pretty good and its normally dodgy or no maintanance that causes them pain.

Thanks mate. Will check it out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online