Projector style headlamp?

cegan09
This post is 5463 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So i was wondering, anyone here found a way to put a projector style headlamp on an older bike? I love the look of the original buckets and lenses, but the increased light from the projector style is appealing. Has anyone combined the two? I'd love to find a way to mount the projector in an original bucket with a clear (no "lines") lens on the front. Am i crazy to consider this?

If someone could confirm that the projector light would work with the older electrical system i think i can custom make a bucket from fiberglass, that would fit the new light, and keep the original look as much as possible.

Thoughts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

to be honest this is a new and developing idea, and i haven't quite found the unit to work with. I was really looking to see if any one had considered or done this. My main concern is power, though i need to do some more research, since there are huge differences between the options i could pursue, including HID, Xeon, etc. I do have the option to turn my headlight off and on at will, so the bike won't be trying to power the light while starting, so that will help.

If anyone has any thoughts i'm all ears. The bike is being stripped down this winter for a number of reasons, one of them being to make a new wiring harness, so i'll be able to clean up the wires in the light bucket, and add in this new idea.

4 motorcycles do a projector bulb for £5.95. also in they do various colours. isit possible to just swop the bulb?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online