Fog City visor film

peterxj600
This post is 5462 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Anyone used this on their visor? Can't fit a pinlock to my lid and thought I might give this stuff a go. Am I wasting £15?

Fog City Link

Cheers

P

I've used both, and many lotions and potions too. The Pinlock is OK, but it's not as good as the Fog City, you've just got to make sure you fit it properly, and the visor is clean before you stick it in.

Tp clean the fog city, just dunk it in warm soapy water, then a very quick wipe over with tissue paper, don't use kitchen paper as this scratches it, and don't worry if it isn't dry, it will be fine after a wee while.

The problem with pinlock is it relies on pressure to hold it in place, if the pins move (they are on cams, and can) then you can get a gap between the visor and the insert, then you're screwed, more fog than SanFrancisco in a cold front! FogCity stick, and when they're in, they don't move.

The best of the wipes/potions and lotions I've found is FogTech, last about 4 hours in heavy rain before it gives up, you can get it from any Airsoft site. They do a fantastic outer coating too, the water just runs straight off the visor and it makes it easy to clear the bugs away too - it's caled RainCoat.

Anyone used this on their visor? Can't fit a pinlock to my lid and thought I might give this stuff a go. Am I wasting £15?

Fog City Link

Cheers

P

Iv'e used fog city about 15 years ago and it really does work, but when you get a new helmet or visor and realise the clarity of a visor without it you have seconds thoughts about fitting another. But yes it really does work on a cold damp morning.

My personal preference is to ride with visor partly open.

Iv'e used fog city about 15 years ago and it really does work, but when you get a new helmet or visor and realise the clarity of a visor without it you have seconds thoughts about fitting another. But yes it really does work on a cold damp morning.

My personal preference is to ride with visor partly open.

just disgusing the fog city with my mate rob ,he has one and says as above ,they are not very clear after a short time of use, the best in my opinion is my rsr2 visor no pin lock no creams no sprays just an ace lid fog free but at a price?cool.gif

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online