Heated grips fitting on my Thundercat

Prodigy
This post is 5465 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks, I've just bought a 1996 Thundercat I'm hoping to use all winter and I'm wondering if anyone has fitted heated grips on one and could recommend a good place to source power for them from the ignition circuit.

Cheers folks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There are a number of ways you can fix them. If all you are putting on the bike is the grip heaters, then take the feed from the brake light switch on the handlebars, there are two wires, use the one that has a 12/14v feed when the ignition is on, but without pulling the lever! You can put a 'piggy back' pade connector on the wire from the grips so you don't have to cut into the bikes cables.

This way you'll never leave your grips on when away from the bike! Unless you leave it running :blink:

Alternativly, you can build an auxilary circuit to provide the power,

AuxCircuit.jpg

This way if you want to provide power for anything else, GPS, MP3, Phone charger, heated clothing etc etc you have already done the work.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online