decompresstion

popalong
This post is 5389 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

on the jug of the dt400 does the valve on the front work like the newer powerban on my kx, and how does it effect the performance?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye popalong [ stocking] - u shuda posted this in Workshop" That is an auto-matic Decomprssr, works of kickstart , cable attached. makes no differece to running , is meant to aid starting, But in My opinion its anoyying , as it lets go wen on down-stroke . , mad.gif

Aye popalong [ stocking] - u shuda posted this in Workshop" That is an auto-matic Decomprssr, works of kickstart , cable attached. makes no differece to running , is meant to aid starting, But in My opinion its anoyying , as it lets go wen on down-stroke . , mad.gif

Sorry new to this club only two days, and was on here about 10 hours reading,

atempting to restore this bike back to next to new.gonna be a long prodject, thanks for the help.,

Hi again pippy- Got ur P.M. about the perfomance, If its hitting the red-line at 70 mph. the gearing is too low.[ sumone has dropped the front sprocket a few teeth]

Standard sprocket size is 15 tooth front --42 rear . That should pull 80 + And not quite hit the red-line.

I run 16 tooth front . its better for cruising[ thats if u call 65 mph cruising]biggrin.gif

I tried a 17 tooth , but i wudna advise that . u are for-ever kicking down box . esp when windy . cool.gif

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online