sr 250 stand removal

littlejohn
This post is 5307 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hardly a techie queastion, but I can't remove the centre stand on an old SR250 I bought recently.

It should be simple, but perhaps I am missing something ? I have removed the pin holding the brake pedal. I excpected to then be able to knock or push the pin holding the stand out.

Even with some heafty wallops it will not budge is there something else that I cant se for the dirt & rust preventing it from coming out?

Presently I will take an angle grinder to it and just buy another stand & pin for the rebuild.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

could be that it simply rusted in peace, is there no pinch bolts underneath?

drewps

Thanks for the couple of replies, this one has me stumped plus gas pours through the gap between pin and stand I can se no bolt or circlip holding the dam thing.

I want to get the frame powder coated so the brake lever must come off, and the stand needs to be removed to allow the brake lever to be removed.

having had bikes for almost 50 years I dont get stumped too often, but this one is bugging me. I think it will have to resort to violence and the largest hammer I can find.

Don't you just love it when this sort of thing brings a project to a grinding halt?

cheers guys Littlejohn.