Anyone know how to clean chappy exhaust pipe?

stingerpaski
This post is 4976 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 3 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

I bump this thread.

I can see 3 ways. But no one is really easy...

1. Throw it on the barbeque grill. Bake it for a good hour or so, or until glowing red hot. Then tap on it with a hammer to loose the carbon build up. Shake an try to get all the flakes out through the inlet hole. Sand-blast and repaint.

2. Fill it with lye (MrMuscle oven cleaner). Let it soak at least overnight. Flush hot water into the outlet pipe washing out the soaked carbon. Use protective gloves and goggles!

3. Cut the can in half. Scrape out the carbon. Weld it up.

Post your results in this thread!

/turbomart

• 1 year later...

remove exhuast and plug one end.

fill with caustic soda,( WEAR SAFETY GOGGLES AND SAFETY GLOVES,) be very carefull and don't splash it about.

leave for 24 hours,

then flush with lots of tap water...

or you can do this ...

:o

My link

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That exhaust is now fucked.

Do as up.yours has said,,,,,,,,,,,,,it leaves inside the exhaust shiney clean,,,,,,,,,,,shiney i say

Try this,

Oven pride, get a few bottles its only £3-4 a bottle ,bung one end and fill it to the brim of your exhaust and leave for 24 48 hrs,the longer the better did mine brill in side, got the tip of the mrs , when she was cleaning the oven pulls off all the baked on carbon and grease , so i thought it might work on carbon and 2 stroke oil, when you have finished, you always get some big poly bags for the baking trays , but you can pour all the gung into the bag then pour it into a container then dispose properly.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online