DT250MX

happysnapper
This post is 5470 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

My question, I need a set of piston rings 3rd over for my dt250mx 1980. Part number starts 2N6 does this just relate to the model i.e if the other numbers match will they be same part?

Have seen part 1M1 1161030 on ebay but not 2N6 1161030 so I am thinking that the important stuff is the numbers after the 1st 3 digits.

Any help very helpful, or does any one have a set collecting dust?

:unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi All

My question, I need a set of piston rings 3rd over for my dt250mx 1980. Part number starts 2N6 does this just relate to the model i.e if the other numbers match will they be same part?

Have seen part 1M1 1161030 on ebay but not 2N6 1161030 so I am thinking that the important stuff is the numbers after the 1st 3 digits.

Any help very helpful, or does any one have a set collecting dust?

:unsure:

Hi,

Yamaha part numbers are built in the following ways :-

4L0-11181-00

First 3 the model originally used on next 5 the part number next 2 mod level

so in this example 4L0 would be an 1980 RD350LC 11181 would be the head gasket & 00 would be no mods

so therefore 4L0-11181-01 is a modified head gasket.

But in your case you may find the 1M1-11610-30 is the correct part as the rings were originally used on the 1M1 DT250MX (UK) and was also used on the 2N6 bike (the first 3 digits changed sometimes yearly dependent on how many mods to the bike were done or the bike was for another country, L/h drive headlight, red flasher lenses etc) so the upshot is they may be the right rings esp if 2N6 is a later UK DT250 variant.

I could ramble on about general part numbers (the ones that start with 9) but I guess you would have got bored by now :lol:

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online