yamaha warrior w/ fz 600 engine

yamasteve
This post is 5396 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I Recently aquired a warrior 4 wheeler w/ a 600cc fz/or radian etc. inline 4 air cooled and when I got it it did not have spark. I pulled the stator cover off and cleaned it up a bit and got spark but it would not run w/ out gas sprayed into carbs...so i pulled the carbs and cleaned them which the pilot jets were pretty cruddy and reinstalled. When I went to try and fire it up a few days after I again got no spark. just have no idea where to start. Electrical is not my thing at all. Any help would be very appreciated by this newbie.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I Recently aquired a warrior 4 wheeler w/ a 600cc fz/or radian etc. inline 4 air cooled and when I got it it did not have spark. I pulled the stator cover off and cleaned it up a bit and got spark but it would not run w/ out gas sprayed into carbs...so i pulled the carbs and cleaned them which the pilot jets were pretty cruddy and reinstalled. When I went to try and fire it up a few days after I again got no spark. just have no idea where to start. Electrical is not my thing at all. Any help would be very appreciated by this newbie.

:welcome: to the forum

First things to check are the connections from the stator to the cdi box and on to the coils (assuming that all kill switches have been discounted) as you disturbed the l/h crankcase cover (stator) you may find the wires from there to the loom are in bad shape

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online