custom build but unsure what wheels will fit

ryan-4hw
This post is 5360 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, i own a tzr 4fl (same frame etc as the 250 3xv) does any1 know if the early yzf's etc wheels will fit? its the run of the mill 3spokes im hopin to move onto 4.5 rear and 3.5 front. ive measured every thing i can think of but no1 on ebay seems to give measurements back when you ask. i know there is clearance for larger wheels my only query is spindle size etc. so if any1 has got any knowledge of this, it would be helpful or even better if some1 has a pair of old thunderace wheel sitting convenientlyt next to a tape measure (wink wink) it would be handy. Thanks Ryan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

let me guess, its not a big bike so not worth your time (hhmmm were did yamys get there heritage from??? was it making awesome mind blowing 2strokes?? hhmmm yes) so all the fat office workers tryin to relive the youth they never had buying there R1's its not for you, u only know what your bike does by reading the sales brochure, im looking for the greasy mechanics who think engine oil goes well on a sandwich, people like me.

so if any1 has the vital measurements for the older yzf's etc it be helpful

spindle diameter

disc size

fixing pattern - disc and sprocket and relevent width of sprocket to disc and disc to disc (front and back) just so i know if i have to rearrange the calipers etc

surely some1 out there gonna help

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online