RXS100 engine problems

83rx-s100
This post is 5468 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey there,

Ive just finished rebuilding my rxs100 and it does not seen to rev high enough.

It does not have a rev counter on it but there is obviously a problem.

When i rebuilt the engine I replaced all engine bearings and seals, all the rest seemed in good condition.

I am wondering if reboring the the cilinder head and replacing the piston, rings and pin would solve the problem.

I have already changed the carb and fettled with it.

It just does not seem to have any power because im not hitting the power band as it is not revving high enough.

Any help please?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the forum

RXS100's had a rev counter RS100's did not so I'm wondering if you have an RS or RXS

If you have either bike you may need to decoke the exhaust system & exhaust port, check the air filter and inlet tract

if you have an RS you may need to set the ignition timing correctly

if you have an RXS you may need to look at the YEIS tube from the reed block to the YEIS chamber.

can you explain what you have done to the carb ?

Regards Jim

hi,

It does not have a rev counter because the old one broke (one of the bolts at the back snapped off).

I put a carb on that came off a more recent bike and coleaned it up and set all of the settings to the manual.

This morning i changed the reeds but the problem has not gone.

I am wondering on weather to run it on premix =/

Do you know if the engine has a way of stopping its self from revving past 9000rpm because this may be set wrong ie only revving to about 6000?

Thanks

hi,

It does not have a rev counter because the old one broke (one of the bolts at the back snapped off).

I put a carb on that came off a more recent bike and coleaned it up and set all of the settings to the manual.

This morning i changed the reeds but the problem has not gone.

I am wondering on weather to run it on premix =/

Do you know if the engine has a way of stopping its self from revving past 9000rpm because this may be set wrong ie only revving to about 6000?

Thanks

Hi,

what bike was more recent the RXS ? as the RXS was the last in the line of RS single cylinder 2 strokes imported to the UK so if you applied a carb from a newer RXS that would be the same as the induction system over the RXS model range it did not alter i.e yeis was fitted to all years

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online