I want to see under your seat (hehehe)

JamesP
This post is 5427 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all

My wife bought a 1982 Yamaha Maxim XS400. Unfortunately, it has seen better days. I have started the restoration, however, the bike was in pieces when I got it, so, I'm slowly figuring out where everything is going. One question, where does the main harness go, after it connects to the coils. I'm trying to find out where it runs in relation to the frame/air box/battery box. Like they always say,,,,, a picture is worth a thousand words, so, if anybody has a pic of the top of the bike, with the seat off, it would help me out immensely.

Thanks in advance!!

James

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello all

My wife bought a 1982 Yamaha Maxim XS400. Unfortunately, it has seen better days. I have started the restoration, however, the bike was in pieces when I got it, so, I'm slowly figuring out where everything is going. One question, where does the main harness go, after it connects to the coils. I'm trying to find out where it runs in relation to the frame/air box/battery box. Like they always say,,,,, a picture is worth a thousand words, so, if anybody has a pic of the top of the bike, with the seat off, it would help me out immensely.

Thanks in advance!!

James

James; Are you still needing this pic?