Different Carby on my DT230

middleway
This post is 5476 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

Just bought myself a very nice DT230 in immaculate condition and now I want to mod the hell out of it. There is so little info on the net aout these bikes but the impression I am getting is that they are a dt125 with a bigger engine. Anyway, it seems like it has been strangled near to death to meet emmitions reqirements. I don't even think it is work modding the carby, I think I should find one of another bike and adapt it to fit. I don't know much about how the powervale works, it is electronic I know that much but is there any vaceum sensors or electronic sensors from the carby that is likely to mess with my plan?

Any advice would be great, thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all

Just bought myself a very nice DT230 in immaculate condition and now I want to mod the hell out of it. There is so little info on the net aout these bikes but the impression I am getting is that they are a dt125 with a bigger engine. Anyway, it seems like it has been strangled near to death to meet emmitions reqirements. I don't even think it is work modding the carby, I think I should find one of another bike and adapt it to fit. I don't know much about how the powervale works, it is electronic I know that much but is there any vaceum sensors or electronic sensors from the carby that is likely to mess with my plan?

Any advice would be great, thanks

I'd be getting a manual and reading it before modding the bike, in my experience modding for the sake of it rarely improves a bike. Getting running like new first THEN maybe look at mods.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online