Best Rear for FZR600???

jawsap
This post is 5322 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the forum and i was wondering if anyone has had any sucess using a 150 / 60 18 rear tyre on a 91 model FZR600.

I have had the bike since new and as anyone who owns an FZR with 18 inch rear its getting real hard to get decent tyres.

I changed the front tyre size years ago to 120 / 70 17 which greatly improved the bikes cornering when hitting into tight ones at speed (stops it trying to stear itself)

I have the bike stripped to the frame at the moment giving it a major birthday (new everything)

Hope some one has some feedback on this.

Bye the way has anyone changed the rear to a 17inch rim??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the forum and i was wondering if anyone has had any sucess using a 150 / 60 18 rear tyre on a 91 model FZR600.

I have had the bike since new and as anyone who owns an FZR with 18 inch rear its getting real hard to get decent tyres.

I changed the front tyre size years ago to 120 / 70 17 which greatly improved the bikes cornering when hitting into tight ones at speed (stops it trying to stear itself)

I have the bike stripped to the frame at the moment giving it a major birthday (new everything)

Hope some one has some feedback on this.

Bye the way has anyone changed the rear to a 17inch rim??

Recently got myself an FZR600 and been asking the same question myself, mine came with a 150 fitted so I know it works but not ridden it yet (and the tyre was square and bald anyway)

If you do a google on FZR600 or look at FZR project, this site lists 2 ways to fit a 17" rim but both include new swingarms so not sure if you will want to go that route

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online