U.S.A. to G.B. wiring

Raters
This post is 5477 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just bought a Thundercat 2005 an american import. The only problem i have with this bike is that the indicators and dip beam work all the time and there is no side light as such. Will this pass an mot and do i have to convert it to u.k. spec. If so what do i need to do?

Can anyone help??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have just bought a Thundercat 2005 an american import. The only problem i have with this bike is that the indicators and dip beam work all the time and there is no side light as such. Will this pass an mot and do i have to convert it to u.k. spec. If so what do i need to do?

Can anyone help??

Simple fix, first off the headlight, its fine as it is. Its designed to work that way and so long as its working your ok, Never heard of a V#lvo failing for having its lights on.

As far as the indicators go it is done one of 2 ways, interupt the supply to the indicator so its basically working backwards if you like, or there are twin fillament lamps in there like your tail light. In which case you can just disconnect the sidelight feed to the indicators (providing they are yellow). Thats easy just a trial and error jobbie to disconnect the right wire.

, first off the headlight,

Remember the dip beam in USA. is to the right, U"l need to change the headlight beam to UK spec.wink.gif