winter glove reveiw anyone

up.yours
This post is 5479 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh,, I asked cos av got a full set by Spada, was wondering how much in Earth pounds the gloves were, and from where buddy, in any case-just smear with sheep grease and your good to go ! :mellow:

i need some good winter gloves ,my current gloves are raven and their shite,i warm my hands on the engine when im stopped at the lights ,missing them change to green aggravates people .unsure.gif

I suffer from cold hands in winter and like you Kev used to grasp the opportunity of holding onto the cylinder head at every opportunity, Clearly this approach is only any good for uban biking. Nowadays have heated grips fitted, (they are good but heated gloves are better).have also fitted hand guards which deflect the wind and the two bits of kit mean warm hands even on cold days which for me is quite an achievement ;)

ta for the in put ogb ,but putting guards n heated grips on an rdohmy.gif .but these heated gloves seem interestingsmile.gif ,bet they need batteries dont they.

ta for the in put ogb ,but putting guards n heated grips on an rdohmy.gif .but these heated gloves seem interestingsmile.gif ,bet they need batteries dont they.

No, you connect a socket to your battery and then plug into that (I think), although i've never had them i believe thay are the very best option really but they dont come cheap so what price cold hands? Gas up- lets go (Darren) uses them, do a search and see what he has to say <_<

i dernt touch the electrics on this old timer ,sad.gif they got joshua,ized by well you know who ,i tried to fit a sat-nav earlyier today ,the darn thing started smokin and it wernt the two stroke smoke either so i abandoned the podject and bought a map instead.unsure.gif

I got some fieldsheer aquasport gloves last winter right after we had a freak snowstorm here.

all thru january it was in the low 30's (f) when i would leave in the mornings and i stayed nice and toasty.

nice long gauntlets with vercro overstrap, and a seperate wrist strap.

flexable enough to touch thumb to all fingertips too.

although the most helpfull thing i learned was from my boss who saw mw come in one morning all blue and told me that he used to cut the leg (thigh) off of a pair of sweatpants and pull them over his head.he was right too. i cut them nice and long and could tuck one end into my coat and the other i could pull up my neck and pull it thru the helmet strap. kept my neck and torso nice and warm.

the other thing i have done to stay really warm is to cut the bottom off of a plastic shopping bag and wear it like a wifebeater. (i think you call them stellas in some parts) anyway it makes a nice barrier for under the jacket and it reflects all your body heat back at you.

then again, i am a little guy, you may have trouble wearing a shopping bag.

cut a head and arm holes in a hefty bag. if youre carefull taking it off, you can roll it up and stuff it into your glove or helmet for when you come back to the bike.

hi little dave i took a look at those feildsheer,very good price indeed $25 about £15 in uk,its just the stying im not keen on,i know it shouldnt matter as long as their a snug fit and warm but in todays society we can be choosy,my favorits at the moment are the spada enforcer until someone comes on and says they had some and they are crap.wink.gif

Where did you see the Spada gloves-are they online?, and how much were they? rolleyes.gif

howdy bwj ,ive bitten the bullet and been and bought my self a pair of spada enforcers,xxl ,they fit like a glove (dont know why)with good movement in all fingers and thumbs,the only quipe is the inner liners pull out when your hands are damp but all winter gloves do that, wink.gif i bought mine direct from RACE LEATHERS in darwin nr bolton he has an on line shop on ebay just put the name of the gloves in and have a root through until you hit on his store,his prices are quite compatable,the enforcers are advertised at £39.99p on ebay but a bit of bartering face to face got me a small reduction £38.00 ,in store staff are exellant helpfull and dont seem to want to push the end of line crap off on to you,so well see how they proform as soon as we get some bad weather,cant wait for it.

Wojji mean you cant wait for bad weather, are you maaad :blink: lol,

KoOl thanks for the info m8y I'll check it out, the Spada textile set I've got is a dissy-its got one of them hideous bum patches on it-with lots of stitching-guess the only place where water gets in?, not to worry tho' I took a tip from 'little Dave'-a black bin bag-cut the bottom corners out-stick your legs through, hey presto hot Betty Swollocks, and chafing :o:lol::mellow:

I tried in my local climbing/walking shop and came across (not literaly) these

their nuts !

they dont come (not literaly) in Gore-textm yet :mellow:

as up.yours said there are a few on e bay,like you barkwindjammer have spada textile set for winter never ever been cold good stuff spada. :D

not tried there gloves but maybe give it a try as my hands do get cold in deep winter. :o

the reviews on spada enforcers that i come across(not literaly) (dam i got that of you bwj)are very good results ,they came first in the under £50 range and third in the any price range not a bad result at all, ride magazine tested and reviewed them .

Hi buddy had a look at a link to 'bike-gear.com' that oor Goff put up in another post, it has the enforcer gloves your looking at, it also has Spada 'force 2 WP' which I take to mean Water Proof-at 4p cheaper, thats a saving of 4p buddy ;), it pays to shop around ! :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online