help with a new (well to me at least) 75 MX400

dogodell
This post is 5348 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, I am new to this forum and to this particular bike when replying consider me to be a decent mechanic but a complete moron when it comes to electronics and wiring

I recently picked up a 1975 mx400

its in pretty rough shape and some idiot sprayed it camo but other than that it looks like it should be an easy one to get back on the road or well field/ trail

just bought a new stator and cdi (both from 76-77 yz400's which I am told would work on my bike... babbits says so too but I wont know until I get some wiring done)

now I just need to attempt to recreate some semblance of a wiring harness and go from there... only problem is like I said I am a complete moron w/ electricity

can anyone point me in the right direction to wiring up a simple harness i.e. Stator-> CDI -> Coil with a simple ground out kill switch thrown in there somewhere???

also would love to get a hold of a wiring diagram for a 75 MX400 so far all I can find is the smaller DT schematics and I have no idea how close they are to my bike

sorry for the rambling post and thanks in advance for any help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online