Thoughts on these bikes

R6-Matt
This post is 5481 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

For what its worth i think the latest bikes out there now look like they have been lifted from the pages of a Manga comic. They are lumberd with emmision laws and complicated electronics and are trying to be all things to all men all at the same time.

I had a look at all the options like the stuff you are talking about, even had a go on a new tenere but in the end wound the clock back to go old skool with the TDR, no noise rules to speak of as for Emmisions ha ha????? timeless looks and i can fix it in the garage.

well im picking up an xj6 on saturday, so im hoping its gonna be good. Gotta say its light and looks well made (well done yam). I think efi on modern bikes is the way to go(4 worn out carbs can be a total bind).yes i know it aint gonna be as quick as my old EXUP, but i think thats got to be good for my license and petrol expenditure. Best bit £4200 new - hell a GS500e was almost that in the mid nineties.

trying to be all things to all men all at the same time.

Isn't that the truth.

I don't mind the modern EFI stuff too much, the Tenere, for all it's Euro III crap, is mostly fixable at the roadside, you can even service it there using the stock toolkit! But for less accessable places I like my bike very simple and fixable.

Out on the UK roads, armed with the AA/RAC card I'm happy with a bike that does the job regardless of it's electronic stomach..

I had a look at the XJ6 a couple of weeks ago and I'm left wondering where this fits with the Fazer 600. Looks wise I think the Fazer is geting a bit dated - but people like that, whereas the XJ looks the business IMHO. Both bikes look to me to fit in the same catagory, albeit at different ends, both commute, both tour. You have to wonder what's going to happen to the Fazer....... Facelift? new bike ?

??

I don't think it will matter, as long as your comfortable on it, but I think th XJ might just pip the Fazer in comfort.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online