Supermoto? help?

Wanzey
This post is 5370 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

basically, ive got a dt125r waiting for my 17th birthday, and i love supermotos, i just wanna know what wheels to get, and whether its even worth doing? thanks guys :);)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ride the bike you have and get used to it, it will feel like a rocket to start with after the 50.

Is it worth supermotoing (is that a word?) i wouldnt bother. Replacing wheels and tyres alone is going to knock you for several hundred quid, then add the cost of the modifications/fitting required and THEN dont forget your insurance company will need to know.

It may be a boring opinion but i would get my licence out of the way if i were you and then either buy a supermoto style bike, OR build a proper one from a YZ500 (wimps need not apply). Otherwise you will have spent out on all the looks but not the horsepower to back it up. And as a result you will be floging it for peanuts as a bitsa to buy something with a bit of go in it.

Ride the bike you have and get used to it, it will feel like a rocket to start with after the 50.

Is it worth supermotoing (is that a word?) i wouldnt bother. Replacing wheels and tyres alone is going to knock you for several hundred quid, then add the cost of the modifications/fitting required and THEN dont forget your insurance company will need to know.

It may be a boring opinion but i would get my licence out of the way if i were you and then either buy a supermoto style bike, OR build a proper one from a YZ500 (wimps need not apply). Otherwise you will have spent out on all the looks but not the horsepower to back it up. And as a result you will be floging it for peanuts as a bitsa to buy something with a bit of go in it.

nice one, cheers mate, i wont bother then >< lol, urrrm, yea well thanks for your help, know any things that i can add / do to my dt to improve anything on it? lol

• 3 weeks later...

basically, ive got a dt125r waiting for my 17th birthday, and i love supermotos, i just wanna know what wheels to get, and whether its even worth doing? thanks guys :);)

or8 matey how u got on with ur supermoto convertion its well worth it trust me if u like enduro riding by all means keep crosser wheels on as they are good bikes for enduro very reliable . but if you dont go off roading that much i wud recommed the supermoto convertion ive got a dtr125 on a v plate which is 1999 and ive converted mine in to supermoto it is fuckkkkin sweet for handling ive got excel wheels off the dtx model and forks cus there that little bit smaller and ive got the 2pot brembo caliper on it brillant for stoppin but the handling with them wheels on is brillant i love it ive got a 160/60/17 back tire on going around corners its lovely good tires it sticks lovely and and ive u wnt to show off a little bit but bitter wait on front end and just tap bk brake then power on it will kick out brillant u will get looks hahahah lol. ive had mine fully stripped down na i had it barrel partly tunes with a arrom pipe on aswell i wunt have not very gud try and get a yz125 1992 pipe great or a tzr125 pipe wot goes underneith my bike revs to about 1600grand it screams like mad but ive had alot done to it by my dad if u wont to make it faster i wud recommend getting it tuned and head skimmed flywheel skimmed carb etc ive had alot done to mine and she is like a rocket on steroids lmaoo give me a email back if u need to no any questions and wot not sound matey luke

or8 matey how u got on with ur supermoto convertion its well worth it trust me if u like enduro riding by all means keep crosser wheels on as they are good bikes for enduro very reliable . but if you dont go off roading that much i wud recommed the supermoto convertion ive got a dtr125 on a v plate which is 1999 and ive converted mine in to supermoto it is fuckkkkin sweet for handling ive got excel wheels off the dtx model and forks cus there that little bit smaller and ive got the 2pot brembo caliper on it brillant for stoppin but the handling with them wheels on is brillant i love it ive got a 160/60/17 back tire on going around corners its lovely good tires it sticks lovely and and ive u wnt to show off a little bit but bitter wait on front end and just tap bk brake then power on it will kick out brillant u will get looks hahahah lol. ive had mine fully stripped down na i had it barrel partly tunes with a arrom pipe on aswell i wunt have not very gud try and get a yz125 1992 pipe great or a tzr125 pipe wot goes underneith my bike revs to about 1600grand it screams like mad but ive had alot done to it by my dad if u wont to make it faster i wud recommend getting it tuned and head skimmed flywheel skimmed carb etc ive had alot done to mine and she is like a rocket on steroids lmaoo give me a email back if u need to no any questions and wot not sound matey luke

just for curiosity whats all this cost ?

just for curiosity whats all this cost ?

Oh don't encourage it, your 350 will be lucky to crack 125 with you flat on the tank,not at all if its a naked one. My tdr will only see it on the dial. But a 125 trailee can do it don't be soft man. 125 GP bikes only get to around 130-135.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online