Fazer 600 S2

Magnum 427
This post is 5485 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I am new to the forum and posted this in the wrong place earlier on, I am looking for some advice

I have recently purchased a Fazer 600 S2 on a '57' plate, which has been lowered. I have brought a replacement side stand, however I am struggling to find how to return it to the correct height and what other parts are required. I see that to lower it you need dogbones, however I can't see how they work and how I remove these (I can't even locate them on the bike)

I have had a closer look and it has a Bitubo 160 shock absorber on it, is this an after market bolt on and will I just need to buy a standard unit?

Any advice gratefully received

Thanks

Nick.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well,,,,, if you dont mind me commenting,

I'd ditch the moustache-its a bit pervy and soooo 80's :mellow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64GyuozXtnQ

Sorry m8, no offence intented, just my sad sense of humour :mellow:

welcome to the Forum, theres lots of decent people on here and lots of help and info :)

slanje! :)

Ah right now thats different, av had a skelp round knockhill in something similair, the dog-bones, they are extensions to the shocky mount, haven't had to do this mod myself-I'm a 6ftr, my m8 did it on a fazer, he dropped the rear wheel to lose some of the weight and used car jack to assist, wasn't there to watch, but I'm sure some of the forum devotees have fitted these :)

Ah right now thats different, av had a skelp round knockhill in something similair, the dog-bones, they are extensions to the shocky mount, haven't had to do this mod myself-I'm a 6ftr, my m8 did it on a fazer, he dropped the rear wheel to lose some of the weight and used car jack to assist, wasn't there to watch, but I'm sure some of the forum devotees have fitted these :)

without me sounding like a t#at, should I be able to see this dogbones and are they attached at the top or the bottom of the shocker

cheers for the help

Well, I dont mind sounding like a tw@t, I am pretty sure they're attached at the top, they will be gold'ish coloured flat plate steel objects similair to the 'fanny-bone' in the old 'operation' game you played as a youth, the one with the 'buzzy nose' :mellow:

(this version may have only been released for sale in Scotland, pat-pending, etc)

Well, I dont mind sounding like a tw@t, I am pretty sure they're attached at the top, they will be gold'ish coloured flat plate steel objects similair to the 'fanny-bone' in the old 'operation' game you played as a youth, the one with the 'buzzy nose' :mellow:

(this version may have only been released for sale in Scotland, pat-pending, etc)

...... the bloke in it looks like my father in law :lol:

Will have a look tomorrow night, too cold now for a southern (ish) softee :blush:

cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online