getting the horn

up.yours
This post is 5480 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

today i thought i would give someone the horn,the silly sod swung in from the outside lane forcing me in to the first lane,and no i didnt shit my pants ,i tried to give him the horn .but it didnt work,so he got the wanker sighn instead.can horns be renovated or will they need replacing, they are the disc type.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

today i thought i would give someone the horn,the silly sod swung in from the outside lane forcing me in to the first lane,and no i didnt shit my pants ,i tried to give him the horn .but it didnt work,so he got the wanker sighn instead.can horns be renovated or will they need replacing, they are the disc type.

you can strip and clean the horn contacts, there was a piece written in last years CMM

drewps

you can strip and clean the horn contacts, there was a piece written in last years CMM

drewps

i know its a bit cheeky of me but your better at finding things than me,can you post a link to it on here for me,MATE?.

Ive got an article in a magazine, I will scan it for you, PM me your email address.

...Paul

Is it twin horns on your bike? May be worth checking the fuse first. ;)

ATB

J

mate i was nearly took out last week some STUPID BITCH!!! pulled out infront of me and didnt even look. had to slam on and the bike started fish tailing shit myself haha

after serving from two lanes with her not making her mind up what lane she wants still i gained my composure and give her ever hand jestor and swear word and inslut i could possiable think of before she turned off hahaha i was that angry i wanted to boot her car haha

she did even look at me once the while time haha

WHAT A IDIOT!!

yes they are twin but it isnt the fuse as there is a slight attemp for them to work ,

They might just need tuning in by using the screw behind each horn. Is there a good earth? :rolleyes:

ATB

J

mate i was nearly took out last week some STUPID BITCH!!! pulled out infront of me and didnt even look. had to slam on and the bike started fish tailing shit myself haha

after serving from two lanes with her not making her mind up what lane she wants still i gained my composure and give her ever hand jestor and swear word and inslut i could possiable think of before she turned off hahaha i was that angry i wanted to boot her car haha

she did even look at me once the while time haha

WHAT A IDIOT!!

watch em ,they nearly had me on the motorway the other day,glad to hear you held it together though'.

They might just need tuning in by using the screw behind each horn. Is there a good earth? rolleyes.gif

ATB

iff it aint raining on weds i might come tut club on it,we can play with my horn together.biggrin.gif

At £4.84 for a new one, do you realy want to strip it down ?

I would go for the upgrade though, and pay the £17.57 for a mans horn! I had one of these on my Varadero a few years ago, and it puts the fear of god up people when you use it!

http://www.toolparts.co.uk/acatalog/Motorcycle_Electrical_Accessories_and_Parts.html

Or for the best of the best try the Stebel Nautilus like this -> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130313942470

too bad this wont fit on a motorcycle (easily)

I treated myself after I paid off my suburban and bought this:

http://www.hadley-products.com/catalog/Catalog.aspx?cmd=prd&div=3&cat=52&prd=17

there is a thing you can click to hear the horn on the right.

I will never go back to "beep"

if they made a 6v kit that fit my dt i would be on it.

Gas-up, I love how you used the term "man's horn" thats how i feel. men dont "beep"

im just about to invest in one of those 120db horns :D carnt wait to scare the pants off the car drivers, also if it does scare the pants off them then might give it a go on some nice looking women walking on the path :D lol

laugh.gif

too bad this wont fit on a motorcycle (easily)

I treated myself after I paid off my suburban and bought this:

http://www.hadley-pr...3&cat=52&prd=17

there is a thing you can click to hear the horn on the right.

I will never go back to "beep"

if they made a 6v kit that fit my dt i would be on it.

Gas-up, I love how you used the term "man's horn" thats how i feel. men dont "beep"

laugh.gif dang ,now thats what i call a horn, but its moving in the wrong direction of originality.as i said i would rather keep it original. would replica 6v horns be ok as you only dab them on and off .and they wont need as much current from the battery. the bikes a 12v.

laugh.giflaugh.gif dang ,now thats what i call a horn, but its moving in the wrong direction of originality.as i said i would rather keep it original. would replica 6v horns be ok as you only dab them on and off .and they wont need as much current from the battery. the bikes a 12v.

Haha...highly recommended

look at my horn lol

Take your point about originality though Kev, especially on a classic, did you get the email I sent?

Haha...highly recommended

look at my horn lol

Take your point about originality though Kev, especially on a classic, did you get the email I sent?

yes i got the email but i cant retreive it,something i dont have on my lap top stopping me.or maybe im just a bit thick.huh.gif

Open the email

Press File > Save attachment...save it to somewhere sensible, then just go there and open it.simples biggrin.gif

yes i must be simple,its now saying windows cant open this file.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online