XS400 wheel spacer

DaveT150
This post is 5483 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I'm working on reviving an old 1978 XS400. AT the front wheel there is a gap between the fork and the speedo drive, with the front wheel spindle in situ but not tightened. It looks as if there should be a spacer there. Anybody out there with a similar model know if a spacer should be there and how thick it needs to be? I'm thinking I might just measure the gap and try to make one up, but thought I'd check on the forum first.

cheers

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

I'm working on reviving an old 1978 XS400. AT the front wheel there is a gap between the fork and the speedo drive, with the front wheel spindle in situ but not tightened. It looks as if there should be a spacer there. Anybody out there with a similar model know if a spacer should be there and how thick it needs to be? I'm thinking I might just measure the gap and try to make one up, but thought I'd check on the forum first.

cheers

Dave

no spacer at the speedo side, there is a small collar and cover on t'other side though. if its there you have bent forks

drewps

Sorry I should have clarified, those are not dave's forks but my original untouched/straight forks for him to look at.

still look fine to me :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online