It lives!!

wild foamy
This post is 5325 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Managed to source a replacement alternator rotor from the Jawa owners club, and now im on my weekend leave i have had time to fit it, took a few kicks to start it after 3 weeks of not being run but now it lives!, getting about 13v across the battery with the engine idleing and 14.5v at about 2000-3000rpm. equals one happy foamy :)

t'is coming together nicely...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

biggrin.gifgo foamy go. biggrin.gif

I wouldnt beleive everything he says, he told me he was helping Rolf Harris move house ?

:lol::mellow:

I wouldnt beleive everything he says, he told me he was helping Rolf Harris move house ?

:lol::mellow:

B4stard, told me he was in Paris.

well done foams!

getting there!!

you'll soon be like tom cruise in topgun riding your Jawa with your Fairchild F-24 Argus in the background!!

well done foams!

getting there!!

you'll soon be like tom cruise in topgun riding your Jawa with your Fairchild F-24 Argus in the background!!

more like a little FOCKER in the back ground.

i thought tom cruise had a Seca in top gun, and they flew the F-14 tomcats... :S.

nevertheless, fork seals and oil have been ordered, so once the stanchions return from re-chroming (thanks again, Jim! :D) i can get it on its wheels, another weekends work and it'll be ready to fly :)

i thought tom cruise had a Seca in top gun, and they flew the F-14 tomcats... :S.

exactly, you are the foamy version :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

ah fair doos, i just assumed it was a seca because of the front end styling... looked a bit seca-ish...

but you have to admit, "Vegas" sounds almost as awesome as "Maverick" ;), and when the chicks see my roll up on my Jawa they will be all over me, i would have to fight them off with my awesome biceps of awesomeness, because i would be sooooo awesome...

ah fair doos, i just assumed it was a seca because of the front end styling... looked a bit seca-ish...

but you have to admit, "Vegas" sounds almost as awesome as "Maverick" wink.gif, and when the chicks see my roll up on my Jawa they will be all over me, i would have to fight them off with my awesome biceps of awesomeness, because i would be sooooo awesome...

laugh.gif then you will wake up biggrin.gif

• 4 months later...

decided to revive this old thread...

got the fork legs back but they haven't been touched, so does anyone know a place in/around telford or Birmingham that will be able to grind and re-chrome them at a reasonable cost?.

put the forks back together anyway so i could get it out of the shed, will be taking it up to cosford as soon as i find a suitable trailer

decided to revive this old thread...

got the fork legs back but they haven't been touched, anyone know a place in/around telford or Birmingham that will be able to grind and re-chrome them at a reasonable cost?, im again on the lookout for some RD350 forks to swap out for the jawas ones, i know its not a straight swap but i will work it out

put the forks back together anyway so i could get it out of the shed, will be taking it up to cosford as soon as i find a suitable trailer