1981 Yamaha xs400 Restore

pyro270
This post is 5345 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just recently had a 1981 Yamaha xs400 givin to me by an old family friend. It needs a new paint job, seat work and theres a short between the key and the strater button. Other than that, it runs great and i'll be posting pics as i go along. If you have any tips or advice it would greatly help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just recently had a 1981 Yamaha xs400 givin to me by an old family friend. It needs a new paint job, seat work and theres a short between the key and the strater button. Other than that, it runs great and i'll be posting pics as i go along. If you have any tips or advice it would greatly help.

:welcome: Pyro, It'll be nice to see ya in the classic section of this forum

drewps

Update on the restore.

I found that there was no short. lol After pulling the spark plug wires I found that they had corroded out, so after correcting this it started right up.

I have also repainted the primerd grey bike to a sleek metalic black (Including the frame)

SwEETness!!! :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online