r1 03 5pw engine knocking noise

robbinsl
This post is 5489 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all i have a r1 5pw and last night i noticted a knocking noise which seems to be coming from the engine area.i can feel the knocking through my handle bars and foot pegs.i can hear it best in 3rd gear at about 3500rpm but can also hear in other gears. i have been told it could be the drive chain but it does not sound if its comin from rear.has anyone had similar problems with theres please help me.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all i have a r1 5pw and last night i noticted a knocking noise which seems to be coming from the engine area.i can feel the knocking through my handle bars and foot pegs.i can hear it best in 3rd gear at about 3500rpm but can also hear in other gears. i have been told it could be the drive chain but it does not sound if its comin from rear.has anyone had similar problems with theres please help me.

same noise in netural position?? if not the problem is your gear box.if it is still in neutral its the connecting rod noise on the crank.be carefull...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online