remember REDEX

up.yours
This post is 5489 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

yes you all remember putting redex down the plug hole ,then waiting for a copper to drive past so hed pull you over,well i did any way,so sorry officer im cleaning mi pistons,no im not taking the piss honest,my dad said it works, which brings me to my question.does it actualy work or does it not,im on a 350lc pre mixing with very little build up of carbon or oil in the end cans.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

something I had to remember, was ages ago now, what with the YOC site 'shutting down', driver errors etc

emmm what was it again

hmrmm, yes , no,

yes that was it REDEXX, the good old days, well I still use it, every other fill-up , re-assuringly expensive, doesnt seem to do much, doesnt seem to harm the bike either, so I think I'll keep using it, on second thoughts, now that I've had time while the YOC forum has been down-to think- I might use Stella Artoius, thats re-assuringly expensive also,

just another thought, remember the old 'Dial-up', qwhaa qwhaa, yes quite, some, now let me think, ahh, 22 years ago, damned frustrating thing, what with hold ups (and I'm not talking about the Lassies stocking things), 'upgrading', 'speed enhancing software enabled', HT wiring and all that kind of 'mallarky', and here we are some time in history later (L8R), and, and , Fark !, I've forgotten what I was rambling on about, Jeez I'm getting slower :huh:

something I had to remember, was ages ago now, what with the YOC site 'shutting down', driver errors etc

emmm what was it again

hmrmm, yes , no,

yes that was it REDEXX, the good old days, well I still use it, every other fill-up , re-assuringly expensive, doesnt seem to do much, doesnt seem to harm the bike either, so I think I'll keep using it, on second thoughts, now that I've had time while the YOC forum has been down-to think- I might use Stella Artoius, thats re-assuringly expensive also,

just another thought, remember the old 'Dial-up', qwhaa qwhaa, yes quite, some, now let me think, ahh, 22 years ago, damned frustrating thing, what with hold ups (and I'm not talking about the Lassies stocking things), 'upgrading', 'speed enhancing software enabled', HT wiring and all that kind of 'mallarky', and here we are some time in history later (L8R), and, and , Fark !, I've forgotten what I was rambling on about, Jeez I'm getting slower huh.gif

erm wtf, will that be a yes or a no then?

.does it actualy work or does it not,

I remember that stuff... down the plugs, in the fuel, made the think smoke like a kipper factory.

Today, with all the additives and the better fuel grades I can't really see what additional benifit it would provide. Sure 20 years ago when fuel was £0.20 a litre and then increases started to take the 'few pence a litre' hike instead of the few pence a gallon, it could be pretty ropy stuff, some filling stations sold crap stuff others sold better quality stuff - today it's all the same, so ,,, where was I ?

Petrol, yes that's it.

I can't see it doing any harm, but what good it will do I don't know. (Redex that is, not petrol!)

Edited by Gas up - Let's Go!

REDEX - I remember using it when petrol was a lot cheaper and the oil dollar didn't effect the political issues quite so much in the world economic and military sense. As an afterthought I doubt if it was p.c.

ATB

J :rolleyes:

I dont see where your coming from

if it were named REDNEXX, ?

well, that wood have been a different story :unsure::mellow:

gas up your not related to barkwind are you,arggh what an awful thought,?

Couldn't really say, the wall's been down for ages, so it's possible the gene pool has merged. I'm definitly not Scottish though - don't have red hair or drink Irn Bru.

.... and I don't know the words to scotland the brave...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online