XS400 Brake Caliper

CadXS
This post is 5386 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wondering if anybody had seen or found a replacement for the stock disc brake calipers of the XS400? I don't like the huge stoke calipers as they hide a lot of the wheel and look pretty ugly. Was wondering if any of the smaller Brembo's or such like match up? This isn't a question of performance, just cosmetic really...sad I know...

Caddy

th_DSC00230.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just wondering if anybody had seen or found a replacement for the stock disc brake calipers of the XS400? I don't like the huge stoke calipers as they hide a lot of the wheel and look pretty ugly. Was wondering if any of the smaller Brembo's or such like match up? This isn't a question of performance, just cosmetic really...sad I know...

Caddy

you won't get a direct replacement, but you can fit 300mm fzr400 disk and GXR 4 piston caliper with dural mounts.

BTW I've sorted out out your picture

xs450_fzrdisk_gxrcaliper.jpg

Hey Drewpy

Thanks for sorting out the picture, has the method of posting pictures changed with the new format to the forum? Or am I just stupid....better not answer that one...

Does the combination you mention require a new mounting for the caliper for alignment? I'm not sure what "dural mounts" are. The caliper looks like its from an early GSXR400.

Thanks for your help with this, Caddy.

Hey Drewpy

Thanks for sorting out the picture, has the method of posting pictures changed with the new format to the forum? Or am I just stupid....better not answer that one...

Does the combination you mention require a new mounting for the caliper for alignment? I'm not sure what "dural mounts" are. The caliper looks like its from an early GSXR400.

Thanks for your help with this, Caddy.

your html was all over the place, it just needs the IMG tags which are copied from you photobucket account!

dural (duraluminum) is a hard aluminium used for stressed items.

this is not my project but some thing i pinched off german ebay at the time. it looks like all you need is the plate and the caliper alingns with the disk!

drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online