Funny(ish) Story

XT Alan
This post is 7241 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

On Friday I was in full XT adventurer "man of the hills" mode. I took the remote single track road from Talybont to the Nantymoch Reservoire. Have a look at your maps it is in Ceredigion, Mid Wales. This road climbs from sea level to well over 1000 feet in 5 miles, with sheer drops and blind hairpins. So, there I am thinking, what a road and what a perfect bike I had for this road.

At this point I catch up a ............Gold Wing TRIKE!!!! Fully dressed with all the fairy lights. He let me through with a wave. I waited at the top of the pass. He pulled over and stopped. He and his wife were in their 70s and they were on the Round Britain Rally. Real Bikers :o Respect :shock:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A great road that one, I've never ridden the whole of it yet though, plan to do so soon. I've always wanted to ride a trike, just to see how they feel :wink:

hehe good on them 8) there are still some real die hard bikers out there, you've just got to look for them(usually up single track roads 8) :D ) i've noticed round here lately that the number of full sports weekend warriors are going down. had a lovely run today, went quite far and ended up meeting my dad and another guy, we sat and watched all the bikes go by from a grassy banking, each and every one of them on trailies, tourers, all rounders, customs etc.. and all very sociable, waving and stopping to say hi 8) there were a couple of the power-rangers hanging out at their favourite spot that looked down their noses but they dont count :roll: i tend to keep away from these places on a sunday

It's nice to know that there's still some Real Biker types out there 8)

Always seem to find 'em when you least expect to :wink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online