boost bottle

mxrider
This post is 5420 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello ,i have a dt 125 mx ,with a 1979 yz engine,.i went to ken hall motocross at the weekend an noticed that a lot of the bikes ,,twin shock had boost bottles coming from the reed block,,,,,why?????i ,if they serve to add more power i was thinking of putting an early lc reed block on a dt mx barrel,as they had as said bottle.do they increase power.

cheers :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello ,i have a dt 125 mx ,with a 1979 yz engine,.i went to ken hall motocross at the weekend an noticed that a lot of the bikes ,,twin shock had boost bottles coming from the reed block,,,,,why?????i ,if they serve to add more power i was thinking of putting an early lc reed block on a dt mx barrel,as they had as said bottle.do they increase power.

Their for keeping your Lucozade sport in :mellow:

They increace mid range, as the piston moves there is a time although breif where the charge is moving into the upper cylinder from the cases. Where the reeds are not actually shut and the blow back is held in the boost bottle. Then on the next cycle there is charge ready and waiting to fill the cases.

As to real benefit. Dunno really. Supposedly boosts mid range. The balance pipe on LC motor inlets works in a similar way.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online