fork bolt size on xs500?

cegan09
This post is 5499 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i am trying to rebuild a set for forks for my bike, and the bolts at the bottom (hex head recessed in where the ''axle'' goes through)are stripped. I need to know what size bolts they are so i can get new ones. the ones on mikesXS are too big. anyone know size, or a site that sells them?

also, any recomendations for removing them before i ilet a local machinist drill them out?

it's a 1976 XS500

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i am trying to rebuild a set for forks for my bike, and the bolts at the bottom (hex head recessed in where the ''axle'' goes through)are stripped. I need to know what size bolts they are so i can get new ones. the ones on mikesXS are too big. anyone know size, or a site that sells them?

also, any recomendations for removing them before i ilet a local machinist drill them out?

it's a 1976 XS500

thanks

they are not stripped, they are turning the inside lower damper rod.

you need to get a 15mm dowel and chamfer the end then ram it down the inside tube to lock the damper rod after taking out the spring.

A grip in the vice to hold it and then try the allen again. it will be tight.

next time you do this you need to "shock" the allen off or it will turn again!!

drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online