is this the seal i need?

90 RT
This post is 5496 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i was told that this part number is the seal i need, by a yamaha tech. 358439-001 he said its the left side cranshaft seal. anyone know? and what's the damn technical name so i don't look like a bigger idiot than i already have.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i was told that this part number is the seal i need, by a yamaha tech. 358439-001 he said its the left side cranshaft seal. anyone know? and what's the damn technical name so i don't look like a bigger idiot than i already have.

He is correct, the flywheel side (LH ) crankshaft oil seal is that part number. The other side may well need doing too, the gearbox (RH ) side crank oil seal part 305988-001

here is a link to a suppliers' parts list

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycl...0a-1990/o/m7590

Bob C

thank you. this bike has been awesome for me, it just had to sit while i took care of my other priorities first. but once i get it back up, i'll try to post some videos on youtube or here if they allow it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online