thundercat air filter

mill3345
This post is 5499 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I am about to service my t/cat including changing the air filter. The replacement air filter seems dry but I am under the impression that it needs to be covered in oil. Does anyone have any advice on this? Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all, I am about to service my t/cat including changing the air filter. The replacement air filter seems dry but I am under the impression that it needs to be covered in oil. Does anyone have any advice on this? Many thanks

If its a genuine yam foam filter oil it. If its a pattern and made of paper dont.

Thanks, the filter was from ebay, I carried out the service yesterday, woke up this morning with a puddle of oil under the bike! Thinking it was oil filter or sump plug leaking I whipped the cowling off again- no leak. Then the fuel tank came off again and on inspection of the air box found a puddle of oil in the bottom!! Filter now mopped up a bit and all seems ok.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online